locked Re: Brand of PC - Any ones more compatible with screen readers than others?

Hamit Campos

Ah thanks for that info Brian. Will be sharing this with my sister Johana. Just fyi though though disappointing it doesn’t surprise me Dell is being all like this. Why say you that Hamiht? You may ask. Because I ran into something similar with the Enspiron tower this XPS 8940 replaced. But just like the XPS the Enspiron screwed up at the end in that case of Costco’s 15 day thing. So we had the same problem Costco had to prove to dell the PC was screwed and a whole bunch of stuff. Won’t go into all of it as it’s mad long and well it’s just the same as what’s happening with Bill.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 1:36 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Brand of PC - Any ones more compatible with screen readers than others?

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 07:48 PM, William Wong wrote:

Dell mentioned to me that they can only let the product be returned or replaced if they proof that the product has problem, but at this moment, they still think that this is not their problem.

-
William, what follows is probably not applicable to you after this much time, but I'm putting it out there so that others might avoid the situation you've found yourself in.  There is no rational way that Dell is not "the problem" in your scenario, whatever they say.

If you have the option to buy a computer by credit card, exercise it.  Your credit card company can, and most often will, protect you when disputes such as this come up.  Depending on the company, and what the rules are where you are located, you can ask them to retract payment (or refuse payment, if you haven't already paid), for defective merchandise.  A brand new computer that exhibits these behaviors would be considered defective by any credit card company I've ever dealt with.

Once you have confirmed that the credit card company will refuse or retract payment, box it up and send it back, and include a letter stating exactly what has been done with the credit card company, and why.

You don't have to put up with blatant abuse and incompetence from manufacturers, nor should you.  But there is a limited amount of time, but it's usually beyond your next billing cycle and can extend up to 90 days in some instances, where payments can be retracted.  I have done this once, and I cannot even recall right now what it was for since the incident was years ago.  But having done this made it entirely clear that I was not going to put up with the crap the business was giving me nor continue to play run-around in order to run out the clock on my ability to return.

        ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)