Re: Home Machines And Network Setup

Jason White

A good first test would be to make sure you can ping the router from both machines. It should have an address in the same subnet as both of them

Date: Friday, November 27, 2020 at 08:41
To: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [win10] Home Machines And Network Setup

Thanks Brian, I will report back, have a bit more setting up to do, I can’t believe it, I can’t be sure but I may have had the vpn running when I was trying to ping the other machine as well L

It was never going to work with the vpn running but also, the network location needed to be set.

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 26 November 2020 19:53
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Home Machines And Network Setup

Steven,

I cannot recall whether this is one of those changes that requires a restart to take effect or not, but do report back after you've restarted.

By the way, I created a Feedback Hub suggestion:  Settings Search should return something when searching on "Public" or "Private"
Anyone who agrees that the appropriate network settings where switching the Network Profile should be returned should have a look and either upvote, comment, or both.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042
The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
        ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.