From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry Hogan
Sent: November 26, 2020 1:47 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows 10 password question

Like Joseph said, it is wise to give your password to someone you trust in case of emergency, it is important to give your password to someone else for emergency, my wife have my password.  Good luck.

jerry

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 11:11
To: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@...>

Chris,

              No.  Their best bet will be to pull the system drive from the machine and connect it to another as an external drive  After they go through the dance of getting access to the file and folder hierarchy after it's connected, they can access anything on the drive

              This is a good chance to remind people that in this cyber age, if we're doing what we should to protect ourselves with passwords, PINs, etc., that having something in place to pass that information on to either our executor(s) or other loved one(s) upon our passing needs to be in place.  I've had this happen with some of my clients, too.  It makes the process of taking care of affairs that need to be taken care of much more difficult if you don't have that information.

        ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)