Re: Home Machines And Network Setup

Jason White

In my experience, firewalls generally don’t block the packets used by ping, so if you can’t ping one machine from the other, you probably have network issues. Are you sure you’re using the correct IP addresses? Does your router supply local DNS resolution for the devices on the internal network?

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io>
Date: Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 09:32
To: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io>
Subject: [win10] Home Machines And Network Setup

Hi friends,

I Wonder if someone can help with some general advice please?

I Have my main laptop here and I have a Surface Pro set up on my home wireless as well.

I Would like to be able to rdp from my main laptop to the surface Pro for testing etc.

At the moment, I can’t even ping the Surface pro.

My main laptop is running Microsoft Windows 10 Home.

The Surface Pro is running Microsoft Windows 10 Professional.

Is it something that I need to do on the network e.g. set up the firewall or something to allow one machine to connect to the other?

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation