Re: Microsoft Text Input Application

Hi,

Possibly, but I'm doubtful that it is Sharky (JAWS 2021 and later). Microsoft Text Input Application is really modern keyboard (introduced in Version 1709 in limited capacity, took on the current form with Version 1903). Try:

  1. Open Task Manager.
  2. Switch to "more details" if it isn't set as such.
  3. Go to Details tab.
  4. Kill "textinputhost.exe".
  5. Close Task Manager and open up JAWS task list (JAWS Key+F10) and see if the text input app window shows up. If it doesn't, chances are that it is modern keyboard (and would confirm something I felt about JAWS task list for a while).