Re: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Hamit Campos

Ah wow okay then Luke may indeed be right. Let's see here what is this graph icelation the Dell person is telling you to shut down anyways? What does that do I mean. On a similar note though as a little tip you all know you can check the disable all inhancements box per sound device right? I know it's tempting to do especially with the gimics Dell is now putting on the soundcards. How ever and this I discovered with my Onkyo TX-SR 373 AVR don't do it when using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. I did it once just as my hot neighbor Cristal says just for the hell of it to get the direct signal and yes it shuts down all the gimmics but also say bie bie to the surround sound itself. So it seems Windows considers surround sound an inhansement not a actual channel count. That is strange and I'd like to report this to Microsoft so they could change it especially again with Dell adding all kinds of strange effects to the audio. Note not even the HDMI audio is cleen. Not with my XPS at least. Sye Dell has truly killed the meaning of the XPS. Sye Oh well.

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Wong
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 5:56 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Yes, but I see that Win10 can automatically detect your needed drivers and download it for you through update in setting

Hamit Campos 於 22/11/2020 1:06 寫道:
Ah then if those aren't paired yet pare them and you can use them in place of the Dell audio. As to Luke's point. I don't know maybe he's right now but when I refreshed my 3847 tower I then had to re-install the audio drivers. Good thing I had saved them because that tower's page is now gone.