Re: settings app crashes when I try and enter game mode settings

Sarah k Alawami

Ok, this gets even weirder. I disabled what I thought was the offending ad on, then I disabled all add ons and the settings app still crashes. I know this as it is just gone from the task bar. My screen reader quits speaking and I start to hear it speak settings, then the app just goes away and crashes. I just looked in the event viewer and settings app does indeed crash on me, but only when I do what I've been doing. It does not how ever crash when I browse to the category and then choose game mode. Here is the dropbox link to the event log. Looks like a fault in the curnal or something according to what I'm seeing. I didn't read all 600 characters, just glanced at it.

On 22 Nov 2020, at 11:00, Sarah Alawami wrote:

Running windows 2004 second half, or what ever it's called.

  1. Hit windows i to get to settings
  2. Search for "game"
  3. Tab to and select game mode settings
  4. Hit enter.

Settings app crashes. I tried running the dms and scan things and all come back well. I will not at this time repair windows as I have a lot to do on said machine. I did reboot to see if that would fix the problems and it does not. If others can reproduce I might submit this as feedback as well.