How to stop repeated screen echo

Peter Tesar

Hello,

I’m using the latest versions of: Jaws, NVDA, , Windows 10 H2 and Google Chrome.

It was very difficult to create a new account when my typing and browsing was repeatedly interrupted with messages.

It is going to be difficult to do online ordering from this department store’s

web site.

If I don’t touch the keyboard, I hear messages:

   Black Friday starts early… 5 of 11

   Ware house sale, up to 80% off 2 of 11

   Shop online or pickup curbside…6 of 11

Not all 11 messages are heard and the web page has only 1 list with 5 unrelated items.

I thought that the Jaws Insert plus s would stop this. The command is supposed to cycle Screen Echo between echoing highlighted text, all text and none.

The NVDA Insert plus s command turns Speech Off completely.

I will need to browse the products and add items to a cart.

Is there a way to block these repeated highlighted messages?

Thank you,

Peter T.