Re: Adding an emoji

I actually suspect this is a small corruption in Windows 10.  Try following these instructions (both sets download as MS-Word documents), then see if the issue is resolved:

1. Using SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

and if that doesn't do it:

2. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

No one has mentioned this occurring before here, or on the JAWS group, which is what makes me think it's something about your machine.  My guess is that an SFC & DISM run will probably resolve the issue.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss