Re: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

Hamit Campos

Ah then if those aren't paired yet pare them and you can use them in place of the Dell audio. As to Luke's point. I don't know maybe he's right now but when I refreshed my 3847 tower I then had to re-install the audio drivers. Good thing I had saved them because that tower's page is now gone.

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Wong
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 3:26 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation

bluetooth things?

I do have some wirelessbluetooth speaker.Hamit Campos 於 21/11/2020 9:56
寫道:

Do you have at least something like 1 of the Olympus DM recorders? Or any USB or Blu-Tooth thing you may have hooked to the PC? Cause you can use that in the place of the mother board for the mean time.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of
William Wong
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 6:38 PM

No, all the things are done on myself, then I probably need someone to help me look at the monitor.

JM Casey 於 21/11/2020 4:36 寫道:
It can certainly be turned back on. it might be worth doing this just to see if it will indeed affect the ram issue you are having. Can they remot into your computer?
I guess you don't use a braille display, so being without speech would be a problem.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of
William Wong
Sent: November 20, 2020 07:09 AM

Dell technical support insisted that I have to try disabling this, so how should I deal with it?

After disabling this, can this return to normal?

luke scholey via groups.io 於 19/11/2020 15:38 寫道:
Hi William

Disabling this will unfortunately cause audio to stop on your system.

Can I ask which model Dell laptop you’re using?

The likely fix is to switch from the default Dell audio driver which I think is the Realtech Audio Driver, to the standard Microsoft driver, called HD Audio, by updating the driver.

You can do this from Control Panel > hardware and sound > Device manager > sound, video and game controllers (in the tree view).

Instead of searching for updates on the internet automatically, choose the manual option and select the button that will allow the user to choose a driver from a compatible list of drivers in the same category. Usually there will only be two drivers in this list, the current driver and the default MS driver HD Audio. This is the one you want. Just a note that your laptop will need to restart before using the new driver.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any trouble.

Kind regards
Luke

On 19 Nov 2020, at 05:06, William Wong <@WaiWilliam> wrote:

Hi,

In reporting the ram usage issue of my new computer, dell technical asked me to try disable Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation in task manager.

I am not sure if disabling this will affect screen reader like nvda?

Thanks,

William

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.