Re: A Question About Updates

leonard morris

You stated, "I am the not so proud owner of a Dell Inspiron 15 3565 laptop." Well, I am in a simimilar possible situation as yours with my Dell Inspiron 153573 laptop. So far I have not been offered the latest windows update but as it has been pointed out sooner or later I will probably face the same issues. So, I am very much interested in reading any solutions from this list or if you do contact Microsoft support will you please post what you learn? Thanks. BTW, my laptop does not have an application key does yours? I am just curious.

On 20/11/2020 1:22 pm, Lynne Moore wrote:
Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy.
I'm hoping some of you could help me out a bit. I am the not so proud
owner of a Dell Inspiron 15 3565 laptop with 4 GB of memory, running
jaws 2020, Windows version 1903, OS build 18362. I do know that this
version is soon to be unsupported as of December. Anyway, a couple of
weeks ago I was presented with a feature update to Windows 10, version
20H2. When I installed it, my computer would not boot all the way
into Windows and I eventually had to restart. Once it finally did
restart, it of course told me that my update had failed and it would
try again later. I have attempted the update 3 times with the same
results. I'm trying to stop this feature update from continuing to
try to reinstall. I have googled this and I was told to delete
everything in my software distribution folder and that didn't work.
Could anyone give me advice as to how to stop this update from running
or how to make it run correctly? Thank you for any help. I very much
appreciate it.
Lynne Moore