From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: November 18, 2020 04:47 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Fatal Installer Error

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 04:40 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Without knowing the contents of the error message, it's basically impossible to tell what it was.

-
This bears repeating, and repeating, an repeating.   Any time an error message box is encountered, it is absolutely vital that you capture its content, by whatever method or methods you choose.  A potential assistant cannot be of any real assistance otherwise.

Also, just FYI, by the time you get a fatal error it means that whatever was running that triggered it was stopped dead in its tracks and is no longer continuing to run, so you need not panic and close a fatal error message in hopes of preventing damage.  Mind you, just because something got a fatal error does not mean, if it is something malicious, that it could not have already done damage before the fatal error occurred.  But once a fatal error has occurred the thing that got the fatal error is no longer able to continue in any way, shape, or form.  The term fatal error is really actually descriptive in that the program or process that triggered it is well and truly dead.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss