Re: In-Place Upgrade from Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 - Still Possible in November 2020

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 06:31 PM, Hamit Campos wrote:
Again you’ll perhaps loose connection a few times like Brian said but these guys would have ways to deal with that that the average person doesn’t.
-
I am not willing to presume that anyone involved in these conversations, including myself, would be using the paid version of Teamviewer.  And if that's the case, all "support" for anything that might occur is up to you.

The individual whose computer is to be updated has been previously characterized as elderly and in no way tech saavy, and with no one available to her (at least not in the immediately available sense) to assist in any way.  There is no way in Hades I'd want to be attempting something remotely with such a client, and have my sincere doubts that one could get Teamviewer installed and a remote session established given the constraints previously described.

What is being asked for is non-trivial, and though it could be done independently by someone so inclined, this is not someone so inclined.

The very best solution is hiring someone to do the work.  And even if it goes perfectly, I have my doubts as to how the user would adjust to Windows 10 sans any substantial assistance during her own learning curve.

This is a situation where there is absolutely no ideal way of handling anything, and I'm not going to pretend that I could come even close to proposing even a very good, let alone excellent, solution.  Sometimes all the options one has, including doing nothing, are sub-optimal.  This is one of those times.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss