Re: Gmail Question

Robert Cole

Hi,
Yes, This is happening to me.
And it makes me wonder if my account is in jeopardy.
I am now in the process of switching everything from that account to another email address.
I have a period in my address, and there is someone with the same address but without the period.
I get his email, so I wonder if he’s getting mine as well.
Thanks,
Rob

On Nov 14, 2020, at 7:48 AM, Morey Worthington <worthington@wi.rr.com> wrote:

Morning All, or whatever time it is where you are.

Gmail address question.

I have only 1 Gmail address account set up. Using W10 newest and Jaws 2020.

Lets say the address I have set up is:

x.xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Itt works just fine.

Now if I try to send me a message using the address:

xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com x (with out the dot after the first x) it still arrives in the Gmail inbox. How can that be?

Sounds strange to me, but many things do, and wondering if anyone has had this happen?

Thanks

Morey Worthington