locked Re: Windows Feature Updates - When will I get my next one?

Hamit Campos

Hi. Don't know how MS decides these things. Because my brand new XPS 8940 didn't get 20H2 either but my either 2016 or 2017 HP laptop did. I forget when I got that laptop. Point being it's older and it got 20H2. I know you use to beable to force it to the new 1 before but I don't know if that's true anymore. In other words I don't know if you and I could just download 20H2 and just install it just because.

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of leonard morris
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 5:21 PM
To: win10 user group <win10@win10.groups.io>
Subject: [win10] windows 10 version

I have a refurbished laptop I bought in February 2020, it's a Dell Inspiron model 15-3573. I ran "winver" today and it said I was up to date. I am not getting the most current Windows 10 OS I see being reported on this list. Is this because my laptop is to old to support a higher Windows OS version?

Microsoft Windows

Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1139)