Re: Notification Chevron in the System Tray/Notification Area

Mike B

Hi Cheryl,

You only need to turn on the items that you want to show in the system tray, steps below.
1. Windows key + I, for Settings, then tab 1 time to, System.
2. Navigate to, Personalization, press enter, then tab 1 time to get into the list of options.
3. Down arrow to, Taskbar, press enter.
4. Tab several times to,Select which icons appear on the Taskbar link, press enter.
5. Tab through these icons, & press the spacebar to toggle or turn off / On.  If an item is checked it's, On, if it's unchecked it's, Off.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2020 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] navagation chevron

I have a feeling I am coming in at the middle of a conversation and I apologize if this has already been discussed. I have a few items that are in the chevron overflow area that I would like to actually have placed in the main systems tray. Is there a way to move them to that? Thanks and I apologize for my ignorance.

On Nov 9, 2020, at 11:28 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

Sarah,

My central point being that you cannot "pick and choose" if you literally have the setting to Always show all icons in the notification area set to ON.

You can only pick and choose when it is set to OFF.  What you originally described is a logical impossibility, not a practical one, but you'd have to have this setting toggled OFF and then have all the individual icons toggled on if you wanted all showing but the capability of putting some into hiding if you were to so choose.

The Always show all icons in the notification area is an all or nothing affair and if it's ON then you get everything, period, with no option to shove any individual items into the overflow area reached via the notification chevron.

As to personal preferences, that's just what they are, and I'm certainly not going to attempt to tell you, or anyone else, what works best for them.  I'm willing to make suggestions about trying different options, but the one(s) ultimately chosen are entirely a personal choice.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

~ Madonna

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.