Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

Hamit Campos

Me too. I’m totally geeky that way. Heck if Christian Whawell did why not? Remember that BCT he did installing a DVD drive? Oh BCT was Blind Cool Tech.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Wong
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 6:32 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

Haha, in fact is if there is somewhere local here can teach blind how to assembly or work with pc hardware, I  would like to learn about it.

I see that those old rams, hdd from old pcs can be ported to new pcs and can save money

Hamit Campos 8/11/2020 23:35 寫道:

In my case I do have my Inspiron 3847 tower. It’s a 2013 haswell desktop. Wait which intel chip was Gen 4? It’s either haswel or brodwell. If Haswell came first than that’s what that desktop is. I just point this out because would 2013 ram work with 10th Gen intel chips?

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Wong
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 6:16 AM

I spent whole afternoon reinstalling win 10 and ram usage is the same....

Hamit Campos 8/11/2020 10:17 寫道:

Ah see that’s what I’m afraid of and I wil call dell and see. Am I in said return window yet? It just started doing this. Again in my case especially and only with that USB drive hooked up.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 9:15 PM

The only time you need a product key during a Windows 10 install is if you are installing on to a machine that has never, ever had Windows 10 loaded and activated on it in the past.

If the machine has had Windows 10 loaded and activated, the license will be fetched from Microsoft's servers.  Even if you install without an internet connection once the internet connection is established the license key will be fetched then.

Now, after having said the above, if we're talking about a virtually brand new system I would not try reinstalling Windows 10.  It certainly won't, and shouldn't, void any warranty but if you have something that is within the return window the less you do to it the easier it is to get a return for refund or replacement approved.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

~ Madonna

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.