Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

Jason White

Using the Media Creation Tool would be best, but without preserving any of the existing installation. Someone I trust in these matters once told me that he always performs a complete reinstallation on a new machine to eliminate all of the vendor-specific software that is installed, and to ensure that the correct drivers are present. If you need any extra drivers, they can be downloaded separately, although Windows 10 seems to take care of those automatically.

On 11/7/20 7:18 PM, William Wong wrote:
Hi,

In fact that is good idea, which way of complete reinstall do you mean, via setting>restore or create installer usb via creation media?

Jason White via groups.io 於 8/11/2020 7:29 寫道:
Have you tried a complete reinstallation of Windows 10 from original Microsoft images? That is, totally eliminating the existing installation and installing from a USB drive created by the Media Creation Tool?

On 11/7/20 2:58 PM, Loy wrote:
I would call 'Dell and get a Return Authorization Number  before returning
it. I have found that Dell is very good in honoring their warenty.
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Wong" <sine.kazurin@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:44 AM
Subject: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

Hi,

As my old pc has broken down all at a sudden, I bought a new Dell
desktop computer with

8GB ram

Intel 10 generation core i5

250G SSD and 1TB HDD

I found that my new computer will always run out of ram

I simply open a few apps like one firefox, several folders and a notepad ++

and my NVDA will soon became very unresponsive

According to resource monitor the physical袃ram is around 9x and virtual
ram is also 3xG

I have already manually increased the virtual ram, disabled possible
performance hindering default apps, etc, but the problem seemed not fixed.

Only today I have already manually forced turn off the computer because
of not responding nvda for 3 times or more, and this is only my third
day of using this new pc.

I feel really frustrated , do any one can give me any useful advice?

thanks,

William