Re: What's a good drive cloning software, and some questions.

Jason White

The Linux/UNIX dd command is what I would use, writing the output to another drive or to a file. If the drive to be copied is a system drive, I would boot from an external USB disk to ensure there were no mounted file systems from the drive that might have reliability issues.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 10:48 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] What's a good drive cloning software, and some questions.

Hi.

I have some hard drives that I need to get the data from before they crash. I know nothing about this technology, so I have some questions.

First, can I clone several drives to a single drive, or should each one have a separate drive.

Will the cloning software attempt to retrieve data from bad sectors, or are those skipped?

I’m sure there are other questions to ask, but that’s all I can think of for now.

So, since I’ve asked my questions, what’s good software that will accomplish the task? Of course, it has to work with JAWS 2020 and Windows 10 20H2. In addition, I don’t know technical terms, so I also ask it straight forward to use. Finally, what’s the cost of the software? I’m willing to wait to get it if it’s more than I currently can afford.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kevin and Jilly the flying doggie