Re: Debug Log File Found on My Desktop

Mike B

I recognized it after installing cumulative and Office updates, but can't say for sure that's the culprit of the log file.  I'm not having any computer problems, but I have never noticed / received one of these files on this computer before.

It's been suggested that Edge wil do this and I have been playing with Edge more than usual the last couple of weeks or so, but can't say that's the culprit either.  Thanks to everyone for their input.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers & Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Debug Log File Found on My Desktop

What were you two doing before you got the debug log? This might help us troubleshoot, or not, depending on what's going on here.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 18 Oct 2020, at 13:32, Loy wrote:

I also got the same debug log file.
----- Original Message -----
To: Win10
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 4:07 PM
Subject: [win10] Debug Log File Found on My Desktop

Hi All,

I found a Log file on my Win10 Pro 2004 ... .572 desktop a few days ago and the contents are below.

debug.log
[1015/103438.956:ERROR:settings.cc(430)] Settings version is not 5

Does anyone know what this log file means, or is referring to?  I tried doing a search and came up empty.  The properties stated it was dated October 15, just a day or 2 after installing cumulative + other updates.  Now I'm wondering if this could've been part of my Windows Security icon issues.

All input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers & Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.