Re: Debug Log File Found on My Desktop

Sarah k Alawami

What were you two doing before you got the debug log? This might help us troubleshoot, or not, depending on what's going on here.

On 18 Oct 2020, at 13:32, Loy wrote:

I also got the same debug log file.
----- Original Message -----
From: Mike B
To: Win10
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2020 4:07 PM
Subject: [win10] Debug Log File Found on My Desktop

Hi All,

I found a Log file on my Win10 Pro 2004 ... .572 desktop a few days ago and the contents are below.

debug.log
[1015/103438.956:ERROR:settings.cc(430)] Settings version is not 5

Does anyone know what this log file means, or is referring to?  I tried doing a search and came up empty.  The properties stated it was dated October 15, just a day or 2 after installing cumulative + other updates.  Now I'm wondering if this could've been part of my Windows Security icon issues.

All input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.