Re: Is there a way that I can tell the date a file was first placed in my computer, even if it's moved to another location or drive?

Bill Powers

Brian,

I discovered a couple of years ago about the date created and date modified disparity. My W7 machine went south so took it to Best Buy. They cloned the drive so all my data was there. But when I looked at files I was going to open I saw the date created was 7/25/17 which ws the last time I had done a backup before the crash, but the date modified could be as far back as 9/9/99 or even older. I had always wondered why that could happen but now I know to trust the info more on the date modified which will tell me more about the age of thefile.

BP