Re: [solved] missing start menu search field

Hi,

Thanks - at least this helps us narrow down possible solutions. Before we get into repair installation, have you tried pressing Windows+S or Windows+Q to bring up search box?

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brad Snyder
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 2:23 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] missing start menu search field

When I go to Action Center, Tablet mode is already Off/Unchecked.

When I go to Settings > Personalization > Start, I do not find an option for toggling on/off the Start Search edit box.

- Brad -

On Sep 17, 2020, at 15:38, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is tablet mode on? To check, open Action center, then look at “tablet mode” control. If it is pressed, press Space to turn it off. Another place to look at is Settings (Windows+I)/Personalization/Start.