Re: [solved] missing start menu search field

Larry Higgins

This will occasionally happen to me also, and the only thing I can do is a complete shutdown, and things generally come back to normal. Can't say why this happens in  the first place, but it does.

On 9/17/2020 3:10 PM, Brad Snyder wrote:
Hi Brian and Sarah,

I tried typing in a Search after pressing the Windows-key and nothing happened.
When I press the Windows-key, I hear JAWS say “Pin tiles list box”.
I get the same result when using NVDA, latest public release.
Yes, I have restarted my machine, and nothing changes.

- Brad -

On Sep 17, 2020, at 14:15, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I'm on Win10 Version 2004, and when using NVDA 2020.2 after hitting the Windows Key I hear, "Start Window, Search Window, Search Box Edit Blank."

One can always try, Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file, or rolling back the Cumulative Update and letting it reapply.  I actually find doing a repair install easier, but some don't.  I discuss how to roll back recently applied Windows Updates at the outset of, Britechguy’s Standard Advice Regarding Windows 10 Issues and Their Repair

A man's worst difficulties begin when he is able to do as he likes.

       ~ Thomas H. Huxley (1876)