Re: netframework preview:

What Version of Windows 10 are you running.

There is a "regular" cumulative update related to .net framework for Version 1909 that has number KB4562900

It applied on my machine automatically and I elected to restart the machine myself rather than wait for it to do it by itself outside of active hours.

I'd be shocked if a parallel cumulative update does not exist for Version 2004 as well, but I don't have the KB number for that.

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.

         ~ Samuel Butler, 1835-1902