Re: Hard Drive Needs Drive Letter

Jason White

The Powershell command get-physicalDisk will indicate whether the drive is actually detected. If it is, check the partition type of the data partition and the file system using a disk partitioning tool.

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of George Zaynoun
Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2020 1:46 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Hard Drive Needs Drive Letter

I have an HP laptop that can accomodate M2SATA SSD which is already installed and working properly, there is also a free compartment for another HDD or SSD standard size, I installed it and it is 1TB. In device manager it is working properly but it did not get a drive letter as it appears. How can I fix it? The installed HDD is partitioned and formatted with another laptop using usb so it should work.

--
Georges Zeinoun
Timmerv. 6A ITR LGH1102, 54163 SKÖVDE SWEDEN