Re: Turning off the reader in chrome

Kenny

WOW! Never knew about this hidden feature of Chrome. Wish there was a way of enabling/disabling it by setting a keyboard shortcut for it in Chrome's shortcuts panel (Type: chrome://extensions/shortcuts) in the address bar of Chrome. It's not listed there unfortunately.

It is a nice feature though. Thanks for sharing how to access it.

On 6/29/2020 6:21 AM, chris judge wrote:
Hi. Here's how to enable and use reader mode in chrome.

Reader mode, or simplified view in chrome.

To enable reader mode do the following.
Open chrome and go to the address bar. Type:
chrome://flags and press enter.
Navigate to the heading, enable reader mode.
Below the heading is a combo box.

Enable it using the combo box if not already enabled.
Activate the relaunch chrome button.

Now to use it, press f6, then tab to the toggle reader mode button and press
space bar to turn it on. To return to regular document view, press alt left
arrow.

It doesn't work on every page but it is nice when reading long articles and
such.

Chris Judge