Re: Event: End of support for Windows 10 Version 1803 (April 2018 Update/build 17134) - Tuesday, 12 November 2019 #cal-invite

Immigrant

I always back up my data - documents, music, mail, Internet bookmarks, etc. But I never created a system image, I never ran any imaging software, not sure where to start.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2019 4:44 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Event: End of support for Windows 10 Version 1803 (April 2018 Update/build 17134) - Tuesday, 12 November 2019 #cal-invite

Given that this is approximately a month away, if you are still running Version 1803 it is definitely time to use the Update Assistant (Update Now button) on the Windows 10 Download Page to make your machine update.

We're long past the reasonable "wait for the next feature update to be presented to you" stage for those still on Version 1803.  It's time to manually trigger the update.

As per usual, you would be well-advised to take a full system image backup and separate user data backup before ever undertaking any Feature Update.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss