Re: volume of Jaws

Amy,
Hi, just had a update to windows and now my speech volume keeps going
up. I turn it down and before I know it it is louder again. Was
wondering if anyone knows why this would happen?
I don't know exactly why this happens but the simple answer is that somehow, when your soundcard gets no sound at all, it kind of sleeps. Then when it wakes up the sound is well kind of turned up. The problem is that it apparently will happen in a matter of seconds, sometimes even less.
The solution is a simple one. Never let your soundcard go to sleep.
For this, it's necessary that something keeps playing in a loop, even something with no sound at all. It only needs to be playing so that your soundcard thinks it needs to work and can't sleep.
There's a small application made for this purpose which you can give a try and see if it works for you. It's called Silenzio, and you can download it here.

Hth,
Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.