Re: Request for community help: please help convince Earthlink to minimize Groups.IO domain blacklisting in the future #groupsio

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

Blaster,

         I will pass this information along to the owner of Groups.io via the beta group.  He may or may not be aware of it (though I'd say it's probably the former).

         I also want to emphasize that I wasn't criticizing your offering in any way, just pointing out that very often until and unless customers start screaming loudly about this sort of thing, it never gets resolved.

         For this particular instance, whitelisting is the perfect, and appropriate, solution for the e-mail service providers to take.  They already do so for other e-mail list services, and since Groups.io is one, that same courtesy should apply.  Groups.io does not spam, so allowing spam trapping mechanisms that shouldn't kick in to keep kicking in is problematic.

                ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)