FW: [accesscomp] TEK TALK WELCOMES JOHN GASSMAN,KEYSTROKE TIPS FOR USING WINDOWS 10 WITH JAWS AND A DISCUSSION OF THE UPDATED TC CLIENT FOR THE IPHONE, FEBRUARY 29, MONDAY 8 PM EST, PAT PRICE ROOM: WWW.ACCESSIBLEWORLD.ORG

Hi JAWS users,

The following might be a helpful event for you to attend.

From: accesscomp-bounce@... [mailto:accesscomp-bounce@...] On Behalf Of Robert Acosta
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 11:25 AM
To: Bob Acosta
Subject: [accesscomp] TEK TALK WELCOMES JOHN GASSMAN,KEYSTROKE TIPS FOR USING WINDOWS 10 WITH JAWS AND A DISCUSSION OF THE UPDATED TC CLIENT FOR THE IPHONE, FEBRUARY 29, MONDAY 8 PM EST, PAT PRICE ROOM: WWW.ACCESSIBLEWORLD.ORG

NEWSWIRE: Monday February 29, 2016, The pat price Room: 8 pm EST, www.accessibleworld.org

Tek Talk is very pleased to welcome John Gassman, Key Stroke Tips with Windows Ten with JAWS, and Using the Client Update with the Iphone

I am not an expert in any of the assistive technology products I use.

But, I've spent a lot of time working with them and in the case of my JAWS screen reader and the iPhone I've helped other blind people learn how to use them.

I am not an expert by any means in windows 10.  But again, I use it every day and thanks to podcasts by Dan clark of Freedom Scientific and Joseph Lee here on Tek Talk, I have learnred quite a lot.

On this edition of Tek Talk, we'll quickly walk through the windows

10 upgrade and then choosing your defaults. I'll also take a look at the start menu and notifications.  And finally for those who have asked, I'll talk about the TC Conference app.

And at some point on or before Monday February 29, I'll post in the Tek Talk email list some of the good resources for learning about windows 10.

everything I'm doing during the recording is with windows keystrokes so it really is not screen reader specific.

My email address in case you want to contact me is johngassman@...

Date: Monday February 29, 2016

Time: 5:00 p.m. Pacific, 6:00 p.m. Mountain, 7:00 p.m. Central, 8:00 p.m. Eastern and elsewhere in the world Tuesday 12:00 GMT.

Approximately 15 minutes prior to the event start time: go to The Pat Price Tek Talk Training Room at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rsc9613dc89eb2

Or, alternatively:

Select The Pat Price Tek Talk Training Room at: www.accessibleworld.org

Enter your first and last names on the sign-in screen.

To speak to us, hold down the control key and talk then let up to listen.

You can also text chat with us by using f8.

All of our programs are recorded and can be downloaded from our archives on: www.accessibleworld.org.

Please go into one of the conference rooms and then to download and enter. Download, run and install our simple software which enables you to speak to us. Then reenter the room. To talk, hold down the control key. To listen let it up.

Accessible World uses News Wires, like this one, to inform people of the topic and times for the many Discussion Groups on Accessible World. The lists are announce only to keep the traffic to a minimum.

You can join the Accessible World one way Announce List by visiting:

https://groups.io/org/groupsio/aw-announcements

or by sending an email to:

aw-announcements+subscribe@groups.io

Accessible World also provides a Tek Talk Discussion List. This list is intended to give you an opportunity to ask computer related questions, suggest topics to be used in the weekly Monday training programs, or just to interact with others interested in using assistive devices to access computers. You may sign up for this list by going to:

https://groups.io/org/groupsio/tek-talk-discussion

or by sending an email to:

tek-talk-discussion+subscribe@groups.io

If you have a twitter account, feel free to follow us. Tek talk and other archives and events will be tweeted.

http://www.twitter.com/accessibleWrld

You can also sign up for the Tek Talk and other lists accessible world has by going to:

Accessible World Contacts:

Robert Acosta, Chair

Accessible World

818-998-0044

Email: boacosta@...

Web: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

Randi Shelton, Events Coordinator

Accessible World

Phone: 412-221-0821

Email: rshelton820@...

Steve Hoffman, President

Talking Communities

Email: steve@...

Contact:

Robert Acosta, Chair

e-mail: boacosta@...

Website: www.helpinghands4theblind.org

Phone: (818) 998-0044

Ken metz, Coordinator of Events

E-Mail: kenmetz1946@...

Phone: (818) 882-3610

Steve Hoffman, President Talking Communities

E-Mail: steve@...

The Accessible World, a division of Helping Hands For The Blind, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public, the disabled community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly relevant information about new products, services, and training opportunities designed specifically to eliminate geographic and access barriers that adversely affect them

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org