Re: Choppy audio on Dell XPS

Marisane Moruthanyana

Evening win10 and screen readerfolks

I am Marisane from SA.

I use both nvda and jaws as my screen readers.

I'd been using tapin radio to stream my favourable radio stations till
late 2016.

I uninstalled as it continued to crash.

Two weeks ago, I installed it again and found that it was upgraded to 2.9.

Surprisingly, there's no longer free tapin radio, but the trial version.

Am I right?

If not, what am I doing to receive this on-going notification about
tapin radio being on trial and left with only 3 days?

Is there a setting to keep it free?

Why is one forced to purchase the application these days?

Please assist.

You are thanked in advance for your assistance.

Marisane

On 7/28/18, brandon T <brandongold98@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

What happens if you switch the sound driver to the generic one?
You can do this by roling back the driver, if a prior one was in use
before, but if not, you can do the following:

1. Go to device manager by using windows+X, then pressing M.
2. Go to sound, video and game controlers and expand it.
3. Press applications on your sound device.
4. Go to update driver and press enter.
5. Choose Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer.
6. Make sure that show compatible software for the device is checked,
or something similar.
7. On the next screen, choose "high definition audio device" and choose
Next.
8. If asked about installing software that's not signed, choose yes or
ok, I unfortunately can't remember what it's exactly called.
9. You may have to restart.

Thanks,

Brandon

On 7/25/18, chris judge <chrisjudge1967@gmail.com> wrote:

On Jul 25, 2018, at 11:33 AM, Bill White <billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>
wrote:

Hi, Sadam.

1. Open Control Panel.
2. Open Sound.
3. Select your default playback device.
4. Open the properties of that device.
5. If there is one, select the Advanced tab of Properties.
6. Make sure "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this
device"
is unchecked.
7. Make sure "Allow hardware accelleration of audio with this device is
unchecked if a box like this exists with your device.
8. Apply any changes.
9. Check the choppiness of your audio once you restart.