locked Re: A word on recent happenings: Chrome thread, new Microsoft engineer on board #AdminNotice

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I agree more over add ons that help or extensions that help us use our computers better and be more productive are on topic I think  You appear to want to be heavy handed you will drive more people away instead of helping.  Your usually helpful however this crazy moderator messages need to stop!  Let me make another point.  I have trouble reading an article I need for school or work what if I don’t know there are extensions or add ons out there for a specific browser that will put an article in reader mode?  It is windows10 related the browser is run on win10 so its on topic bottom line is you were wrong.   I agree everyone has bad days but you have been overly harsh lately in my opinion.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:56 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io; win10@groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] A word on recent happenings: Chrome thread, new Microsoft engineer on board #AdminNotice

Hi,

I get that you may have been having a bad day. I get that you're human, however.

A lot of these so called moderator messages are simply way overboard. I wasn't aware talking about a web browser which, by all means, *is* being run on my windows 10 computer, is against guidelines.

It's like saying yes, talk about Honda, but don't you dare mention where you got those seat covers from.

You continually moderate things that will, or have been, simple discussions and debates or, in the case of this, so ridiculously extreme it doesn't even warrant words.

We're all adults here. You're grabbing us by both hands and feet and I personally find this quite insulting.

Please stop it. It's absurd. Please do some reflecting of your own.

On 24-May-2018 8:11 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Dear Win10 forum family,

I’d like to announce that we have a new Microsoft staff with us. I’m sure this person will make a statement when ready.

But to a more pressing event: for people who have been discussing Chrome extensions, I would like to kindly advise that we think about relevance of that topic to this forum. In the old days, I would have locked the thread after explaining the purpose of the forum cluster. But now, I think a time of reflection might be a more appropriate thing to do.

Thank you.