locked Re: thoughts on hp laptops with windows 10:

Rajmund <brajmund2000@...>

hi,
gotta agree. built quality has recently decreased, and sometimes the latest isn't the greatest. I had a sandy bridge latitude flip over and die. my lanovo that I bought recently failed the user bench mark test entirely. both the above were windows 10. so now, back to a 6 year old, falling apart samsung, which I attempted to replace 3 times. I also saw an article on twitter, where the $2000 dell kept failing, and dell tech support wasn't helpful at all. these days, it all depends on luck.
PS. this 6 year old i3 has no signs of slow downs, scores 80% on the bench mark tests...

On 29/04/2018 08:06 AM, Tyler Wood wrote:
Hi
My asus transformer book t100 which is a 300 dollar computer runs office just fine.
It's also a 5 year old pile of junk, as you so eloquently put it. Upside of having something with no moving parts is I also get 20 hours of batterylife and can charge with micro USB. It runs chrome just fine, I also have dropbox, skype, and team talk on it. With the screen on it still manages around 10 hours. All of this while using 4 watts of power.
I have seen 300 dollar computer last years - so far as I know my netbook with an intel atom n270 is still kicking. And I have also seen 1000 plus dollar machines give up hard after 1 or 2 years.
It seems to me these days that you really aren't going to find an amazingly built computer. The hinge might be nice, but there are so many sacrifices these days. I'm not even talking about port selection - but software, processor, heat. Everyone is trying to be the thinnest and lightest and sacrifice performance in laptops with these 8th gen intel chips it seems.
I love this Lenovo desktop of mine, but hey guess what? I can't extend the warranty beyond the 1 year on the website. Minor quibble but after this kind of money I'm pretty unhappy.
On 29-Apr-2018 1:38 AM, enes sarıbaş wrote:

not so much. What would you do if you needed to use office, or another high end program, for work or school. In this situation, you need another pc.

On 4/29/2018 2:57 AM, David Moore wrote:

I have had my HP Stream for over four years, and it runs better than it did when I bought it because of Windows 10. Many times, you can close programs and open them back up. Also, it is the tasks you do on a computer that are the most important. I surf the net, read articles, send and receive email, and use many on line services, and play music. That is all I do with that computer.

I should have made that clear that I don’t do heavy stuff, like use MS word, play games and such. I use Jarte as a great word processor, and it is a portable version.

I use many portable programs that run from a USB drive, instead of being installed on the computer. The portable version of Firefox, for example, runs from my flash drive, and works as well as my installed version on my big computer. I use programs like TW blue, A PDF reader, Virtual recorder, Jarte, and many other portable programs that do not get installed onto the computer at all.

So, there are many variables here in terms of what you need to actually install and run on your computer.

Take care, guys!

David Moore