sticky Re: Fine-Grained Control Over the Group Messages You Receive from Groups.io

Cher

Thanks so much for all the background work to make the advanced preferences configurable and workable for all of us! This should be very nice! Thanks for the gfreat explanations.

Cher

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 7:56 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Fine-Grained Control Over the Group Messages You Receive from Groups.io

Cher,

           I now have an answer back, and it makes infinite sense.

           The links I listed before are for your random generic message or digest when no advanced features are set up.

            If you set up "Following Only" along with "First Message Also" the first message you receive will have a "Follow This Topic" link where the "Mute This Topic" link is in a regular message, because other than the first message, all the rest are automatically effectively muted if you don't elect to follow the topic.

            In the followed messages you receive in the position where "Mute This Topic" would appear in a regular message will be replaced with "Unfollow this Topic," which effectively mutes a topic when you stop following it with the "Following Only" feature enabled.

            Mark is avoiding putting in place holders or links that make no sense based upon the settings you have set up to control message flow.
--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1703, Build 15063.413

Like all weak men he laid an exaggerated stress on not changing one's mind.
   ~ Somerset Maugham