sticky Re: Fine-Grained Control Over the Group Messages You Receive from Groups.io

Cher

Yes, I was logged in on both browsers. Does anyone see anything wrong in my steps?

Cher

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 8:15 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Fine-Grained Control Over the Group Messages You Receive from Groups.io

Hi,

And did you log into the web interface? This makes a difference.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don & Cher
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Fine-Grained Control Over the Group Messages You Receive from Groups.io

I didn’t skip it- I’ve nevr found it in either IE or FF. In IE I pressed Enter on the group name link; but in FF I could see a checkbox, so checked the box and then hit Enter on the link.

Either of these actions takes me straight to the topics page right here after completing step 1. No subscription ; no advanced preferences links using a screen find or links list or reading the entire page ;)

Perhaps we’re using different browsers- and I’m using the May update to JAWS18.

(There is an actions button which brings up the different subscription options you mentioned would be present on the page- but this is before pressing enter on the group name link.)

I give up.

Cher

From: win10@... [mailto:win10@...] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2017 4:43 PM

Cher,

You've skipped Step 2:  Do a screen reader find for “Subscription” link and activate it.

That's what gets you to the page with the "Advanced Preferences" link on it.
--
Brian      Version 1703, Build 15063.296, Home 64-bit

Like all weak men he laid an exaggerated stress on not changing one's mind.
   ~ Somerset Maugham

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.