Win10 Forum for Screen Reader Users Policies Letter
Dear Win10 forum members,
The following letter outlines guidelines to follow on Win10 Forum for Screen Reader Users. When you joined this forum, you should have received a copy of this email, but here it is again in case you want a monthly reminder.
As you take flight on Win10 and Windows 10 in general, please make sure to go over our forum guidelines, list addresses, procedures and membership contract.
- Post a message: email@example.com
- Subscription: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leaving the list: email@example.com
- General help on list options: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contacting forum leadership team: email@example.com
- Reminded about policies: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our list website is at: https://win10.groups.io/g/win10
- Using Windows 10, its features, universal apps and others using various screen readers
- Windows 10 development news
- Screen reader notices regarding Windows 10, its features, and apps
- Cumulative update announcements and changelogs
- Xbox, HoloLens, Surface Hub and other Windows 10 ecosystem devices in relation to screen reader use
- Tips on using various universal apps
- And many more.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS AND REMINDERS
- The Win10 forum is not a substitute for a general tech support forum for screen reader users, nor represents a specific screen reader. General support questions include using apps (compatible with Windows 7, 8.x, and 10) with screen readers, web standards, file format conversion, and anything that is beyond the specific scope of this forum.
- Before posting, try searching for answers (forum archive, general web search, etc.) before sending a message or reply to this forum.
- Unless noted otherwise, forum leadership team and members are not Microsoft employees nor employees of app vendors (including screen reader makers).
- If you have suggestions or bug reports for Windows 10 that should be reported to Microsoft, please use Feedback Hub (Windows+F). Although discussion of such from the perspective of accessibility and screen reader use is welcome on this forum, posting your feedback via Feedback Hub (and sharing your feedback link) allows Microsoft employees and millions of Windows 10 users to read and react to your feedback.
- Although Windows 10 will run outdated software to its best, this forum does not encourage discussion of end of life products, including older screen reader releases, Windows 10 feature updates that are no longer supported, and many others. If you do need to discuss them, please discuss them under the context of moving to a supported release.
- This forum has no set rules on posting style and reply placement - top-posting, contextual, etc. - as long as the content contributes useful information.
Forum organization and focus groups
As Windows 10 ecosystem is vast with many feature sets and used for various purposes, our Win10 forum maintains a number of subgroups (hereby termed "focus groups"). Each focus group is geared towards topics related to a specific area of Windows 10 ecosystem, such as Windows Insider program and others, overseen by a focus group chair and open to members of Win10 list to join.
Below is a list of currently active focus groups:
- Windows Insiders: A focus group for members of Windows Insider program, covering build announcements, screen reader accessibility and so on. Visit https://win10.groups.io/g/Insiders for more information.
Accessing the web interface
Win10 forum is more than a collection of mailing lists. It includes features you can access via a web browser, including ability to change your subscription options, view forum archive, read articles on forum wiki and more.
Below is a list of web services you can access:
- Forum website: https://win10.groups.io/g/win10
- Topics: https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/topics
- Forum wiki (anyone can view, members can edit): https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/wiki
- Calendar: view upcoming events for the forum.
- Guidelines: https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/guidelines
Tip: When searching for a specific topic, use the search button located at the topics page. Once a dialog opens, type what you are looking for and press ENTER. A list of topics that matches your search criteria will be shown. As always, you can also search the Internet via Google, Bing and others to look for information that may or may not have been discussed in our forum.
To help people locate topics easily, a number of hashtags (text starting with number (#) sign) are used for subjects of certain messages. Some of the most common hashtags include #KBAlert for announcements on cumulative updates, #AdminNotice for announcements from the leadership team, and #WinTenYYMM to denote specific Windows 10 releases (e.g. #WinTen1607 for Anniversary Update).
List guidelines and membership contract
As a member of the Win10 forum and its subgroups, you agree to:
- Be professional, courteous, kind and respectful towards members.
- Post Windows 10 topics, including feature overviews, screen reader compatibility, questions and answers on Windows 10 features and so on.
- Not post your Windows 10 product key, cracked software and licenses, Microsoft Account details and illegal software.
- Abide by guidelines set for the list and its subgroups.
- This group is set to reply to group by default (that is, if you choose reply option, your message will be sent to everyone). For courtesy reasons, please use reply, not reply to all from your email client or web interface.
- If you would like to discuss something completely different in the middle of an ongoing thread, please do not reply to the most recent message. Instead, please start a brand new thread with an appropriate subject line.
- If you have to talk to a member privately, please send a direct message (offlist) to the member in question. You can do this via email or use reply to sender link found on the forum’s web interface or the link at the end of each message.
- If you’d like to turn off a thread, use Mute this thread link provided at the end of each message.
- If you need to report a member who you think is breaching the membership contract or guidelines, please send a message to email@example.com and be prepared to present your case in the arbitration hearing.
- A thread that involves copyright violations (including sharing copyrighted music, book, or software without permission) or illegal product keys is subject to locks and removal (Groups.IO guidelines do not allow sharing copyrighted material).
- If you have comments, suggestions or concerns regarding list policies and administration, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Contract: By joining the Win10 list, you certify that you agree to abide by list guidelines. In turn, the leadership team will abide by leadership guidelines and contract, which includes being respectful, courteous and professional to you and serve you and other Win10 forum members.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Which screen reader topics are discussed?
Any screen reader that supports Windows 10 ecosystem are discussed.
Q. I have a question about a Windows 10 feature, but I get a feeling that my question was asked on this forum before. What should I do?
First, perform a list archive search. To do so, go to forum topics page at https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/topics. Locate Search button, type your query and press Enter to search. Relevant search results will then be displayed.
If the list archive does not provide answers, try performing a general web search via Google, Bing and other services.
Q. I need to report an issue while using a Windows 10 feature with screen readers. What info do you need?
Provided that the issue is something to do with Windows 10 or its features with screen readers, the following information must be included:
- Subject line: Windows 10 release and feature and screen reader, brief description of the issue (e.g. announcement issues with emoji panel in Version 1903 with a specific screen reader).
- Content: include Windows 10 release you are using, screen reader and version involved, features involved, and how to reproduce the issue.
This also extends to questions about how to use Windows 10 features or apps with screen readers.
Q. Can I ask questions about using apps with Windows 10, perhaps apps which can run on older Windows releases?
Yes as long as it is in relation to app compatibility with Windows 10. Questions about using app features should be directed to support group for the app in question, or if it concerns using apps with assistive technologies, to a more general-purpose support forum.
Q. Do you cover products such as Xbox One or HoloLens?
Yes as long as it pertains to accessibility and use with screen readers (for Xbox One and possibly HoloLens, Narrator is assumed).
Q. While reading a thread, I get an urge to answer a question.
Please read a thread to the end - all messages - before responding. This may allow you to glimpse answers given by others and add your response if there are things that were not covered yet.
Q. Can anyone use any hashtag?
Yes except one. There is one hashtag (#AdminNotice) that is reserved for use by forum leadership team.
Q. I would like to promote another group.
To do so, send an email to email@example.com. In the email, describe what the group is and its link. The leadership team will then provide guidance such as advising the poster to write an email stating that people should contact the poster privately should they have any questions. Once the guidance is received, the poster will then send an email to the group, and the promotion thread will be locked shortly after.
Q. I have other questions not addressed by this policies letter.
If you have any questions about the forum that are not answered here, please feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once again, welcome to Win10, and we look forward to answering your queries and learning from your expertise.
Win10 Leadership Team